Fasthosts Job Vacancy

We’re Hiring! IT Operations Team leader

Fasthosts is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in the UK. As a growing SME in this rapid moving internet industry, we offer fantastic technology-oriented careers, creating real opportunities for candidates wishing to become part of an ambitious team. We are committed to growing substantial market share and building the Fasthosts brand worldwide. This is an exciting time to join our innovative company, operating in a dynamic market.

The role of IT Operations Team leader demands strong technical knowledge and the management of two IT Operations Engineers. An estimated 80% of the role will be spent doing hands on technical work with the remaining 20% on management tasks. Therefore, it is essential you are fully versed with all of the technical requirements.

Fasthosts are responsible for providing high quality IT operational services 24/7 over 365 days that meet the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Contracted hours follow 12 hour shifts based on a 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off pattern.

The IT Operations Team is responsible for dealing with customer issues and requests that have been escalated from the 1st Line Team and for the monitoring and management of our server, network and application infrastructure.

Key Responsibilities:

 

  • Provide high quality, quick response IT support to both internal and external customers – via phone and email
  • Monitor network infrastructure, datacentre environments and applications and investigate any issues that arise as part of the departments’ 24/7 coverage
  • Ensuring that neccessary escalations to the Infrastructure and Development Teams are effective and responses are within Service Level Agreements.
  • Identify repeat issues and work with the Infrastructure and Development Teams to identify resolutions that will prevent issues reoccurring.
  • Ensuring that sufficient monitoring is configured on all infrastructure components so that the Technical teams are alerted to all service affecting and potentially service affecting problems immediately.
  • Working with 1st Line and Sales to define and continually improve working practice with regard to how we service and engage with our customers.
  • Ensure that the IT Operations Team is responding to alerts within the required timeframe.
  • Monitoring and reporting on the Platform Availability and Performance KPI’s, and investigating and reporting on any KPI failures.
  • Point of escalation for our customers
  • Management of all IT Operations Daily Tasks eg. Data Centre Checks, Web Log Checks, Backup Checks
  • Management responsibility for IT Operations Team: Day to day workload management, Rotas/Holidays, Performance management and appraisals, Training and development
  • During out of hours periods be the primary contact and decision maker for all IT service issues and the resolution of these by the staff on shift
  • Assist in the recruitment and deployment of staff within the IT Operations shift function
  • Support the IT Operations Manager in the delivery of their role

 

 

Required skills and experience:

 

  • A strong technical background in the administration of either Windows 2003/2008 or Linux servers.
  • A good understanding of Virtualisation technologies, and the day to day support of virtualised IT systems
  • Sound knowledge of basic networking principles
  • Proven experience with dealing direct with customers, and providing a high level of technical support
  • Excellent communication skills – in writing emails & telephone communications
  • Strong problem solving & analytical skills
  • Experience in IT operational support in a complex IT environment

Advantageous skills and experience:

 

  • IIS or Apache advanced administration
  • Postfix
  • My/MS SQL
  • Exchange 2003/2007/2010
  • Active Directory

If you would like to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans and have the attributes listed, please send us your CV to careers@fasthosts.com

No agencies please


If you’re a Fasthosts Customer and would like to review us or are interested in our services and want to know what our existing users think then check out our Fasthosts Review Site

Be Sociable, Share!

    Leave a Comment

    CAPTCHA Image

    *