Join Us: Software Developer (C#)
Windows Developer (C#)
Up to £35,000 plus excellent benefits
Fasthosts, the UK’s foremost web hosting company, is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in the UK. We have now embarked on the next phase of our growth, by strengthening our Channel program and expanding the business internationally. This is an exciting time to join a fast growing and ambitious company, operating in a dynamic market.
We are looking for an experienced developer who has versatile development skills across a number of languages including C#, and SQL. The development team are pivotal to the success of the business and are a very high calibre team of software developers and system architects who work in an environment where innovation and passion are key.
You will design and develop Cloud solutions and hosted services using some of the latest technologies and solutions. You’ll develop and enhance middle-tier applications to supprt web control panels, service provisioning systems and work closely with the Infrastructure and Networks teams to engineer infrastructure, platform and data-centre automation systems.
You will need to be capable of software development activities including business analysis, systems analysis, systems architecture and application development.
You’ll drive engineering best practices throughout the team, be customer focused and understand the customers’ challenges and you will have a flexible but thorough approach to your work.
This is a rare and exciting role for an experienced developer that will offer the succesful candidate a wide variety of opportunities to utilise and develop software skills across a number of systems and disciplines.
Key activities and deliverables will include:
- Delivering windows software solutions and architectures to the business using C#, SQL, and from time to time, Delphi and other languages.
- Producing robust, maintainable, secure and scalable systems.
- Working with the Backend Development Team Leader to analyse product requirements, estimating and planning for their implementation, leading their development and delivery and performing business and systems analysis.
- Working with the Project Management team to ensure project and product requirements reflect the customer’s needs and desires, and are delivered on time.
- Working with the QA department to review test cases and provide impact assessment of software changes.
You will possess the following technical skills:
- Very strong commercial experience in creating enterprise scale systems in C# or Delphi.
- Strong relational database skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Highly experienced in object oriented software design and development.
- Have technical leadership experience or worked as a development / project lead on medium to large projects.
- Have a thorough understanding of secure coding principles and techniques.
You will also have excellent communication skills, great commercial awareness and a keen interest in emerging technologies, and be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, dedicated team player with a will to succeed.
Advantageous education, skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Delphi or a willingness to learn if required by a specific projects.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell.
- MySQL experience.
- Working knowledge of PHP and Python.
- Microsoft HyperV, WDS, IIS7, Exchange 2010.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Spring framework and Hibernate.
- Strong working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of IIS and Apache webservers.
- Whilst not essential engineering or computer science related degree is preferable.
If you would like to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans and have the attributes listed, please send us your CV to email@example.com.
No agencies please