Join Us: B2B Sales Consultant
“An industry-leading hosting and Infrastructure as a Service business with growth delivered through innovation.”
Since 1999, Fasthosts has delivered market leading online services to technically aware customers such as web designers, web resellers and software developers in the consumer, SOHO and SME markets. The business has a successful track record and proven business model in providing high value, award winning products. Our Head Office is located at the heart of Gloucester in the recently regenerated Historic Docks area. We are within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, Worcester, Bristol, Birmingham, and Swindon.
By focusing on the needs of their customers, and employing great people Fasthosts has created a profitable, fast moving, organisation. Our past speaks for itself:
- Twice listed in the Sunday Times TechTrack 100 Fastest Growing Technology Companies
- Rated 4.5 out of 5 for our email services by The Independent
- 2004 Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 listing ranked Fasthosts in the UK’s top 100 fastest growing privately owned companies
- Ranked as the Worlds No.1 Windows 2003 Host by Internet Research specialists, Netcraft
- Rated No.1 more times in their monthly poll by hosting portal TopHosts, than any other UK host
- Voted No.1 by The Web Host Directory, the global hosting industry portal
- Awarded best buy for the Fasthosts Control Panel by industry magazine, .Net
- Ranked in the top 50 best companies in the UK, by award-winning magazine for growing companies, Business XL
Our ambition is to be recognised as having the best Customer Experience in the Hosting Industry. We’re looking for the kind of talent that can help improve our Customer Experience by being a true Customer Advocate. “Can’t be done” is not part of our vocabulary. The company hires people who push themselves, who want to be stretched and challenged every day.
We’ve built a fun, driven and hard working environment where the Customer Experience comes first.
Job Description and Person Specification
We are seeking a bright, highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication and
interpersonal skills to join the Fasthosts sales team. You must exceed your revenue targets and
demonstrate strong skills in all facets of sales including: closing skills, proactively generating
sales opportunities, following up leads, relationship management, and growing the revenue of the
current customer base.
- To exceed monthly and weekly sales and revenue targets
- Develop incoming and outgoing opportunities in line with the sales strategy
- Respond to incoming requests for new services and where possible, up-sell and crosssell
products into the existing customer base, thereby ensuring an increase in product
- To improve your overall skills in all facets of sales.
- To develop and improve your technical knowledge within our product portfolio
- To improve your conversion ratio of sales opportunities.
- Build positive and consistent relationships with the customer base to ensure maximum
level of customer retention and additional revenue generation.
- Identifying and targeting prospective business using all available means including
Measures of Performance
- Exceeding minimum sales and revenue targets
- Generate revenue in line with the sales strategy and personal forecasts
- Improvement in personal performance in terms of sales, technical knowledge and
- Retain and grow revenue from existing accounts
Skills and Experience:
• Highly motivated, single minded individual focused on achieving their OTE through a
solid work ethic.
• Proven track record of selling, revenue generation and exceeding sales targets
• Basic understanding of the IT and technology industry and it’s business applications
• Must have strong phone selling and follow up skills, proven record of closing deals, ability to
proactively generate sales opportunities, and be able to effectively maintain and expand
business relationships through email and phone contact
• Experience essential in all facets of sales.
• Ability to effectively communicate to SME & SoHo businesses over the phone and
• Can do, flexible and mature attitude to the role with plenty of common sense and an
• Strong team player with the ability to perform under pressure.
Approx salary: £ 35,000 OTE
Reports to: Sales Manager
Working hours 40 hrs week / full time
Benefits 3% Pension
Performance Standards: Achieving the 100% target is seen as the minimum performance
standard acceptable, consistently performing below this level will be seen as poor performance.
Where consistent means more than 2 months in a year below the 100% target.
If this sounds like the job for you email us a CV and Covering letter to email@example.com
Liked this post? Subscribe to our RSS feed and get loads more!
Do you have an opinion, tip or suggestion related to the above post? Then please let us know by leaving a comment below or send us a Tweet @fasthosts and add the hashtag #fhblog.