Celebrating the internet as a force for good!
The NIA (Nominet Internet Awards) are upon us and it’s time to find the great unsung heroes of the internet.
These annual awards recognise and raise awareness of all the brilliant UK charities, businesses, individuals and public and private sector organisations that are making a difference using the internet.
To help find and celebrate these amazing websites and businesses, Nominet needs your voice. If you or someone you know has been involved in an online project which benefits business, the wider community, local communities or UK internet users in general, then check out the NIA nominations page.
“Winning a Nominet Internet Award has been invaluable.”
Scott Colfer, Young Dads TV, Winner 2011
There are five categories to enter:
- Innovative internet business in association with CBI
- Online skills and training in association with The Open University
- Making the internet a safer place in association with GetSafeOnline
- Doing good online in association with NCVO
- Digital innovation in public services in association with Intellect
Entering the awards is easy and once registered, you will be able to submit your entry by completing the online form. Key dates to be aware of:
- Entries close on 28th March 2013.
- Shortlisting happens on 25th April 2013.
- Public vote closes on 27th May 2013.
- Judging closes on 28th May 2013.
For more details on the Nominet Internet Awards 2013, the individual categories and how to enter, please visit: http://nia.nominet.org.uk/. You can also join or follow the conversation on Twitter, using #nia2013.