Barely a cloud in the sky at Cloud Expo Europe 2015
Advertised as the biggest and best attended Cloud event in the world- this year’s expo has been another huge success. Held at ExCel in the London Docklands, the event draws IT professionals from a variety of industries including enterprise, public sector, SMBs and service providers, all eager for an insight into the newest Cloud trends.
Attending the expo on behalf of Fasthosts, I was excited to be able to talk with other professionals, discuss the Cloud and its uses and be able to network with both peers and users. In a world where most people participate in activities that already use the Cloud with or without being aware of it, the expertise of those attending Cloud Expo is widely varied. However, with speakers from over 300 organisations lecturing at the event, picking a seminar that pitches at the perfect level for each individual is easy.
The 11 conference streams shared best practice case studies spanning multiple disciplines and technology. Key issues were discussed for each user group: end-user organisations, service providers and the cloud ecosystem.
The themes and discussions held over the two days included:
- Security- The Cloud Security Alliance co-hosted an enhanced security and compliance programme
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Shared how businesses using the IoT and harnessing the power of Big Data will become revolutionary
- Open Cloud & Developer Park – Discussed that increasing numbers of enterprises rely on open source platforms and infrastructures to run their daily businesses, reducing costs and moving faster
- Cloud Industry Forum (CIF) – shared best practice strategies for both service providers and enterprises.
- Hackathon – on a bus! – Participants help develop the next disruptive cloud technologies
- Software Defined technology – Discussions focused on key computing trends that drive the need for a new network paradigm
Cloud Expo is one of the most educational networking events specifically for the Cloud industry making it a must for anyone who wants/ needs to keep up with developments. If you have an interest in the Cloud and how it’s evolving, make sure you attend the next expo, to be held January 2016.