A business case for Cloud
The Cloud Industry Forum (CIF) was established in 2009 to provide transparency through certification to a Code of Practice for credible online Cloud service providers and to assist end users in determining core information necessary to enable them to adopt these services.
Another of the services they provide is a research function. For the last 6 years, CIF have published their annual report looking at Cloud trends. Below are some of the key takeaways, from the most recent report, released earlier this month:
• Many organisations are now using multiple Cloud services rather than a single service a year ago
• 75% of companies still perceive data security as a threat 75% although only 2% have actually ever had any issue
• Hybrid cloud has evolved from a product to a strategy – based on keeping capital expenditure (CAPEX) low
• 96% or organisations have seen improvements in their internal communication and customer service as result of Cloud based technology
• 58% of users using Windows Server 2003 compared with 60% a year ago. With support ending on July 14th 2015- this represents a significant risk to organisations security.
If you’re an organisation still using Windows Server 2003 you have very little time to switch your services before being left open to vulnerabilities. If you need help figuring out your migration strategy, this Knowledge Based Article could help, or call Fasthosts’ support team on 0333 0142 700 and talk your options through.
Alex Hilton, CEO of the Cloud Industry Forum (CIF) talks through the findings from their 6th annual Cloud report in this video interview.
For full details you can read the full white paper